Welcome to Digital Cacophony : link : link : link


".." by nmk
Wednesday, January 11, 2006


Comments

woow!this has come out quite nicely...except I think the foto looks a tad bit darker than the real thing I saw in ur hse..
intentional?

I thought the brown flooring and red candle holder contrast with the ring of light reflection on the floor looked awesome. # posted by Blogger Angelsera : 3:38 PM  
This image is darker because I switched off all the lights in the hall and the only available light was the candle flame itself.

Was trying to emphasize the flame by making everything else almost pitch black (and I liked the red ring) # posted by Blogger nmk : 6:05 PM  
I so wish the flam were straighter... right up standing.

But then there is also the chance of damaging the lens ;) # posted by Blogger Eleventy Seven : 7:44 PM  
illa da,its jus tt the red ring gets lost in the pitch black.

u cud try to switch on the lights in the tv side of the room n face ur back to tt n take maybe a little more colour contrast can be seen.ur flame will still be emphasized.

I duno..this was jus my opinion, I dont know anything abt photography :) # posted by Blogger Angelsera : 8:09 AM  
@ Saurabh
There was a draft in the room and the flame stobbornly refused to stay still (dogbert on photography: If you cannot blame the camera or the lens, blame the subject)

(next time I come across a cardboard box I must salvage it for shots like these).

No real possibility of damaging the lens. Small flame and not a macro lens (focussing distance ~0.5m).

@angelsera
I have a whole bunch of shots of this lamp with some showing the red ring prominently. Just that they didnt look too great and the flame looked too bright in those.

Can take a look if you like, I shall mail you the better ones. # posted by Blogger nmk : 9:17 AM  
ahh ok tt wud b gd # posted by Blogger Angelsera : 4:00 PM  
Post a Comment

Photo archives (by entry)

..
..
...
Sunset in Phuket
Blue bells are ringing
Daggers
My living room by night
...
peas on a pod
...

Photo archives (by date)

May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006


free photo-Blogger template by Gwen Harlow

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?